Sunday, September 2, 2007

Counting

As the proud father that I am, I believe Dallin is quite intelligent. He'll be turning three years old next month. Most kids his age can count at least to ten, as he can. But what surprises me is his understanding of humor.

I read to him at night from a book that has numbers in it where we will count together. I'll randomly point to a number and say, "What's that?" Most of the time he will get it right. However, after a little while he'll get bored with this and then he'll point to a number... two for instance, and say, "That's a four."

He'll look at me with a mischievous grin until I say, "No silly that's a two." This is followed by Dallin laughing and insisting,

"No, it's a four."

He thinks he's pretty funny. We'll go back and forth debating the numeric value of the digit 2 for a while until I reverse it on him on the say it's a four. That always throws him for a loop for at least a couple seconds.

He'll also play this game on a page full of objects... He'll insist that the submarine is an airplane and that the airplane is the submarine.

The cutest thing is that he thinks he's so clever and funny.

1 comment:

Dizzy Kate said...

Hi Jason,

This is Katie. I just got done reading your last blog. Wow! You go lake boarding (whatever it is called.) That is awesome. It sounds like your family is doing great. I am just getting into the world of blogging and TRYING to put a family website together. I am sure you are an old pro at those sorts of things. This is the first time I've visited your blog and it looks awesome. Hopefully mine won't look so dull once I get the hang of it. I haven't shared my blog with anyone yet, because I don't know how. Once I figure that out, then I will send you my blog spot. I looked at Karyn's blog spot too. She is hilarious. I am happy things are going great for you.

Katie