Sunday, August 19, 2007

Blessed

Count your many blessing... la de da dum dum.

This weekend I've just been thinking about how happy my life is and how blessed we are. I have a wonderful wife, two incredible boys, a job that I enjoy and plenty of friends in the ward. I have many hobbies that keep my free time always occupied. I can't think of much to complain about. Sure we have our trials as everyone does but it sure seems like we've got are fair share of blessings as well :)

I think the biggest factor my rosy attitude has been my new position at work. As much as I enjoyed the technical challenges that my previous position presented I wasn't passionate about our teams charter. Now I'm working on a product that I'm excited about as well as growing my technical skills. I really enjoy going to work everyday. Considering work takes up at least a third of my day each day it's not profound to conclude that a more enjoyable job will equate to a happier me :)

Yesterday was our annual ward salmon bake. This is by far our favorite ward activity of the year. I think the reason for this is three fold:


  1. It is an adult only activity so with all the kids home with the babysitters the adults are all unfettered to mingle and truly enjoy each others company.
  2. It's held in the Folkman's backyard on their private beach on Lake Sammamish (weather permitting), which includes boating activities before and after the dinner. While I've been lucky enough to go out on the lake many times the past few seasons, the salmon bake is usually the only time that Jen and I get to go out together. Yesterday Jen and I both water skied, and I also got to wake surf and wakeboard all in one evening.
  3. Last but not least the food is always excellent. We've really grown accustom to the excellent sea food found in the northwest, and the high priest always find delicious was to prepare the barbecued salmon.

All in all it was a very enjoyable evening.

No comments: