Friday, August 3, 2007

A great morning on the lake!


I LOVE Friday mornings!

Today was a beautiful day on the lake. The water was very nice, there was a little rain... very little. It felt like a little mist while we were boating. I didn't even notice it while wakeboarding. Scott, Taylor, and I all had excellent runs.

I was getting some great jumps (much better then in the video I posted earlier). Taylor pulled out is cell phone and managed to get a very well timed photo of me on the first jump that I have ever actually got the tail grab! That takes quite a lot of talent... to get the photo with a cell phone camera... the delay on the camera is like 5 seconds or more so he had to hit the button while I was starting my cut and got very lucky :)

Last season I saw Mark (Jen's brother) do a 360 on the surface of the water passing the handle behind the back. I've been trying to do it off and on all season, and today I finally got it!

It was a great day on the water.

5 comments:

K said...

SWEET!

Kyle said...

I'm jealous! Let me guess....you landed it too! We went the other day and I'm getting better....but not even close to that....I couldn't touch that with a ten foot pole. We did wake skate a little bit though and that was fun.

I bet it would help to have a boat with a tower though.

Jason said...

Yep... I landed it... in fact I was landing these jumps about 5 feet outside the wake!

It's actually harder to land when you're not coming down on the wakes downslope... It jars your body instead of the nice smooth landing... but its worth it to get that much hieght!

We're going to be in AZ for more than a week in October... If you guys are into freesing cold wakeboarding I'd love to tag along :) ...it doesn't get cold in AZ!

Wakeskate sounds pretty cool too... I've seen that before but never tried it.

Kyle said...

Ya, we just took the bindings off and used the wakeboard, it was cool because you feel free without the bindings. But you can't really do any jumps or anything.....maybe some people can but we would just lose the board.

We will have to think about going in October, that would be fun. Bring your wetsuit. :)

Scott Stout said...

This is why we call you Jason "Big Air" Olson! Nice grab. It's a pleasure spending Friday mornings with you each week, even though you always show up all us older dudes.