Sunday, August 26, 2007

I love primary

I've got a new calling in our ward. I'm teaching the 9 year old's in primary. It's a lot of fun. I'm team teaching with another guy who's about my age. They're a good group of kids... they like to talk, but they are also excited to participate in the lessons. You know I even feel like I'm probably making more of a difference in the lives of these 5 kids with the lessons they'll learn at this age then any of the lessons I taught to the elders quorum in my previous calling. And to top it all off I still get to go to elders quorum every other week... it's great!

Dallin was tired after Sacrament meeting today and didn't want to go to the nursery. This is pretty rare now, he usually really enjoys the nursery, it's only on days like today where he wakes up early and is ready for a nap right after sacrament meeting that he doesn't really want to go to nursery. I tried to get him to play with the other kids for about 5-10 minutes but finally gave up and decided to take him with me to my primary class. I figured the kids would kind of like having him in there, and I was right.

He sat with me for a little bit while I taught the lesson. Then he drew on the chalk board next to me for a few minutes. A little later we looked over and he was laying on the floor sound asleep.

He woke up when we went to sharing time but still sat still on my lap for most of the time. He liked looking over my shoulder at the bigger boys on the row behind us.

About halfway through he pointed up to the pictures of the First Presidency and apostles and said, "Daddy!" I was quick to explain that those were pictures of the prophet and apostles, but none the less I was flattered that he thought I fit into that crowd!

I sure enjoyed taking my son to my primary class today.

1 comment:

Scott Stout said...

Jason - so glad to hear that you are enjoying your calling! Your lessons in Elders Quorum were awesome, so you must be making a big impression on these 9 yr olds. How about coming in next Sunday to get set apart? grin